Monday, July 20, 2009

First Blog from Asheville!!



So, it's been quite an adventure since my last day at CAR! As some of you may already know, I got off to a rough start in the move! The movers were supposed to arrive around noon on Thursday, but they never showed. After numerous calls, we finally gave up! Do not worry though; I will be writing a strongly worded letter! Without a mover to help, my mom and I rented a U-Haul and moved out all by ourselves. I bet you wish you were a "fly on the wall" during that episode! It wasn't easy but we managed.

24 hours behind, we left Friday afternoon and drove straight through to Nashville. In Nashville, we toured the Grand ole Opry and the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. I have to say, Nashville is much cooler than I would have originally thought! It is a pretty city and it’s very clean. I loved all the flowers!

We finally arrived in Asheville on Sunday! I love it so far! It is everything I expected and more! Today we drove down the Blue Ridge Parkway, which was beautiful, of course. The city is very interesting… you can be driving down the road and feel like you are in the middle of the woods and the next thing you know.. .you are in the city!! Downtown is full of restaurants and street musicians. You will find many people walking around and riding their bikes! Ahh... it is definitely a nice change from the busy DFW area! I am not giving it justice in this description!!

I am still meeting with prospective roommates. I have one gal scheduled for tomorrow which I am very optimistic about! I will let y'all know soon how that works out. Justin ( my brother) is coming down on Friday to help me move, so I will have made my decision by then!

Until next time, Thanks for following!

No comments:

Post a Comment